Sunday, March 30, 2014

Finished one more class!

Today I am very excited because I just finished all my work for Learning Strategies! Our Global project is complete! A very funny thing happened. Carolyn kept confusing Sweden with Switzerland. She put some strange fish food into the food area of our infographic and linked it with Swedish food.  I was thoroughly confused when I saw this fish dish as I have been to Switzerland about 20 times and never saw it and then I realized, she was thinking Sweden! Very funny actually.
So in summary, I learned a lot in this class. Not only did I learn about the different learning styles but also figured out some new technology programs in the process.
Weebly was a success and I'm happy that it worked for others in the class. I just stumbled upon it and decided I was going to take on the challenge of learning the program. I had looked at the google examples that other classes had done and wasn't thrilled. I tried on Google for a short time but didn't find it user friendly. So I began hunting for another program where I could display my portfolio.
One thing I would prefered is to have had Web design first and also to have been instructed on how to start a portfolio so that everything was going onto it from the first class. I have scrounged up much of the information from two of the classes but still need to work on finding some projects from others buried in my computer, on websites and on YouTube.
I also decided to tackle Piktochart.com. I thought this program was difficult at first but after about twenty hours of playing around on it, I started to figure it out. I did end up paying $30 to be able to do what I wanted to do for the project but considering that I am only paying about $200 out of my pocket for these classes, I don't think that's asking too much! I hope you like our infographics! I think I easily spent 30-40 hours just playing around on it! I don't know for sure if you wanted us to do a personal infographic but I did just to be safe. It was fun making it, even if it wasn't something we had to do.
Thanks for all your guidance and teaching on yet another successful class!


http://jenniferhodgson.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment